I’m figuring out the layout of our living room & have been struggling. The design I had initially mapped out ended up causing horrible energy in the room, so naturally I looked up some Feng Shui tips…
Living Room Do Not’s
- The television should not be your main focal point or have a central position in the room. Essentially- don’t organize your room AROUND your TV! If you can, put it in a stand or case that has doors that can be closed when it is not in use.
- Do not place the seating with the backs towards the door-the seating should be place to welcome those who enter (but not necessarily facing the door).
- Avoid placing the sofa against a window.
- A fireplace IS a good element to have as the room’s focal point.
- Important that the room is inviting. If you don’t have a fireplace, have the ability to have a conversation easily be the focal point.
- Strategically place mirrors to give off more light into the room & make it look larger.
- Light dark corners.
- The living room’s main table should be tidy – the main table (i.e. a coffee table) symbolizes health.
How to create the perfect feng shui living room on FengShuiCrazy