Ingredients: (for 4) snap peas, 1 (large or 2 small) yellow squash, 1 (large) zucchini, 1/2 onion, 1/2 can water chestnuts, soy sauce, Soy Vay’s Veri Veri Teriyaki (or any Teriyaki sauce) & 4 cups rice. Optional items I threw in: nuts (crushed), chives & 1 package Seitan.
Cook time: approx 25-30 minutes.
Cook the rice in a rice cooker or on the stovetop per directions while you cook up the stir-fry ingredients.
1. Wash & chop up the squash, onion & zucchini
2. Wash & snap ends off of snap peas
3. Chop up the Seitan
4. Wash & chop chives into little pieces
5. In a little bit of oil (sesame or olive oil) cook the veggies up for a few minutes in a wok or large pan on medium-high heat
6. Add in the Seitan, water chestnuts & chives to the pan/wok
7. A minute later, add in the snap peas
8. Add in about a tablespoon of soy sauce
I love this Teriyaki sauce- made by Soy Vey (company started by a Chinese-Jewish couple)!
9. Pour in some of the Teriyaki sauce (to taste)
Once the veggies have been cooked (don’t over-cook, they should still have a slight crispness to them), serve warm over rice.