I am apologizing now for the horrible quality of the photos I posted below- these were taken a number of years ago! These were actually one of my first attempts at decorative cupcakes! Anyway, here were some Easter Bunny cupcakes I did for my family’s Easter celebration:
Ingredients (for 12): cupcake mix, container of white frosting, assorted Jelly Beans, a tube of pink Wilton’s frosting (or fill your own bag of white frosting dyed pink), 6 marshmallows, Cadbury Mini Eggs
Note: When I made these cupcakes, they were carrot cupcakes w/cream cheese frosting!
- Bake cupcakes per instructions & set to cool to room temperature
- Generously frost the cupcakes
- Cut the marshmallows in 1/2 and place them on the tops of the cupcakes for the bunny’s ears (sticky side down)
- Place the Jelly Beans below the marshmallows for the bunny’s eyes
- Put the Mini Eggs below the Jelly Bean eyes, but leave enough room to decorate the bunny’s mouth
- With the pink frosting, draw on the bunny’s mouth and add a little pink to the inside of the bunny’s ears on the lower section of the marshmallows
If cupcakes aren’t your thing, here is a healthier idea for your Easter celebration- a fun carrot made of carrots (and celery for the stalk)!