This post is a little different from my normal food, finds, travel & design, but I felt that I had to share…
A friend of mine posted this article, 88 Important Truths I’ve Learned About Life, on her Facebook page & some of the lessons/insights really struck a chord within me. While I don’t completely agree with all of the 88 “truths” and I suggest that you take a look at the list yourself, here are a few that I wanted to share with you:
2. It is a hundred times more difficult to burn calories than to refrain from consuming them in the first place. This is so true. Ohhh self- control…
7. Children are remarkably honest creatures until we teach them not to be. I think it all starts with the lesson of telling a white lie…
15. Nobody has it all figured out. No one.
22. Humans cannot destroy the planet, but we can destroy its capacity to keep us alive. And we are. So sad.
24. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least. It really is often easier/faster to just get something done than complain about it!
41. Revenge is for the petty and irresponsible. And can often be dangerous, too!
42. Getting truly organized can vastly improve anyone’s life. I always feel so much better & have a much better grasp on things when I am organized!
47. If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy in a relationship. I’ve given this advice to a friend before- love yourself!
52. Posture and dress change profoundly how you feel about yourself and how others feel about you, like it or not. There’s a reason why people say “dress for success!”
66. Most of what children learn from their parents isn’t taught on purpose. This one made me laugh. So true.
78. There is no point finishing a book you aren’t enjoying. Life is too short for that. Swallow your pride and put it down for good, unfinished. I actually said this to my boyfriend last night! Some books just aren’t meant to be read by everyone. To each their own!
79. There is no correlation between the price of a brand of batteries and how long they last. Interesting!