I made these cute cupcakes for my roommate’s birthday a couple weeks ago. I’m pretty proud of how well they came out! Cute, huh?! My model cupcakes were on FamilyFun.com
How I made the cute little Laptop Cupcakes:
Ingredients: white icing (if you don’t have decorator’s tips, buy a Betty Crocker’s Cookie Icing bag!), 1 bag Fudge Shoppe Deluxe Grahams (don’t eat any or you won’t have enough!), mini M&M’s, black deocrator’s gel (optional), chocolate (or vanilla frosting), cupcake mix, cupcake cups, 2 cupcake pans (makes 12)
- Mix the cupcake mix (I used Funfetti!) and fill the cupcake cups about 1/2 way, bake per instructions.
- Once they cupcakes are done (they’ll have a bit of a bounce if you tap your finger on the top), carefully (they’ll be hot…) take the cupcakes out of the tins and set on the counter to cool…make the laptops while you’re waiting:
- Cut off just the tip of the icing bag- you don’t want too big of a hole! If you are using decorator’s tips, use a small one.
- Lay out all the fudge grahams and start making the dots- wipe the access frosting off after each one you do, as this will prevent dripping/smearing. I did 3 rows of dots (keys), six across, and then the last row a couple dots between a line (the keyboard)
- After you finish all the keyboards, you’re ready to start making the screens!
- To make the screens, draw a rectangle with the icing around the fudge graham (leave a little bit of a border) and then fill it in with icing! Allow the laptops to cool/dry for about 5 minutes before touching them!
- Generously frost the tops of the cupcakes with any color frosting your little heart desires!
- Carefully lay the laptops on the tops of the cupcakes- you’ll need to smoosh the screen in a little to get it to stick…
- With icing and/or black decorator’s gel, draw the little mouse cord coming out of the keyboard
- Place the mini M&M’s down to connect the mouse to the cord
- You’re done!!
Now what for a “sneak peak” of what you’ll be seeing next week in Fun with Frosting Friday: