I apologize for my lack of posting lately, I had been working on a big project at work…thankfully it is wrapping up & I’ll have (a little) more time to post during my lunch breaks. Thank you to those who have kept checking in! I will try my best to entertain you!
This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to New York City for a little pre-Valentine’s Day vacation. We had a good time & I’ll post about our trip later this week. Today I want to post a few Valentine’s Day gift ideas for those of you who are scrambling to figure out what to get your honey (or friends)! Valentine’s Day is a commercialized holiday (in my opinion), but I guess some people do need to be nudged to make sure that the special person in their life knows that they are special…
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas:
Ben & Jerry’s ice cream heart cake – order one from your local scoop shop for you & your special someone to enjoy! Yum! I’d suggest you don’t wait until Monday (Valentine’s Day)…order ahead & you can choose your favorite flavors! Print the coupon (above) and get $3 off!
Geek Love– check out all the options on ThinkGeek.com. Anything from plush microbes, quirky magnets, to funny t-shirts.
A night out– check out sweet daily deals on Vermontopia, Open Table and Restaurant.com for coupons to local places for as much as 50% off a meal at a nice restaurant! Right now Veromontopia is advertising $50 worth of tickets and concession food/drink for $25 at Essex Cinemas (good for 6 mos)!
A yummy basket from Cheese Traders– call ahead- tell them your price range & what you’d like in the basket! They put together a lovely basket arrangement of tasty cheeses, crackers and a nice bottle of wine for you and your honey to enjoy! Cheese Traders:
(802) 863-0143 @ 1186 Williston Rd South Burlington, VT
A Vermont Teddy Bear– I can’t believe I almost forgot to put this in my post! The bears are handmade in Vermont and they have the cutest little teddy bears to choose from- pick one that’s Valentine’s Day themed or especially suits your sweetheart! Prices vary.
Chocolates from Lake Champlain Chocolates– chocolates are almost always a safe bet. Go to the store & put together your own box of truffles or buy a pre-made box of chocolaty goodness! If you don’t do anything else for your sweetheart, at least get them some chocolates. Even if they “don’t believe in Valentine’s Day” or say “oh you don’t need to get me anything” they’ll appreciate the gesture!
If you don’t have a lot of $ to spend on your sweetheart, here are some inexpensive ideas I’ve come across:
- Create a photo album or frame of your favorite moments/times together- get the photos printed at PhotoGarden or Kinkos!
- Pack a thermos of hot cocoa & go for a walk/hike/snowshoeing/xc skiing together! The woods are beautiful right now with the fresh blanket of snow!
- A book of IOU coupons for things like a massage, a date night, a meal cooked by you, cleaning, etc!
- If it’s a nice night, drive somewhere and watch the sunset together.
- A note or poem- give Hallmark the holiday off and tell that special person just how special they are to you with a card or funny/nice poem in YOUR own words…