Hello 2011! Sorry for the lack of posting this past week…I was on vacation in Quebec City! I’ll do a post on my adventures later this week!
My post today will be a yummy appetizer I made for Christmas that was a huge hit….Blue Cheese & Pear Crostinis! I made up my own recipe, based on a somewhat similar appetizer I had at The Farmhouse Tap & Grill in Burlington, VT. Here’s what I did:
Ingredients: loaf of French bread, 1 pear, 0.25 lbs Blue Cheese (I used Danish Blue), honey
Directions: (to make approx 28-30 crostinis)
- Cut about the loaf of bread into 1 mm thick slices…the amount of slices you cut depends on the length of your loaf of bread…I cut about 28-30….and ate 2 because I couldn’t fit them on my pan….oops
- Place slices into oven (on a large pan) at 350 for about 15 minutes or until lightly toasted
- Cut the pear into small cubes and put into a bowl
- Cut the block of Blue Cheese into slices & crumble pieces into bowl of pear cubes, blend
(NOTE: try to have about equal parts of pear cubes & blue cheese)
- Scoop out a hearty (table)spoon-full of the mixture onto the toasted bread slices
- Place into 350 degree oven for about 5-8 minutes or until the Blue Cheese has slightly melted, remove from oven
- Put the crostinis on a serving platter & drizzle honey over them
- Serve warm & enjoy….mmmmmm!
A perfect blend of sweet, tart & saltiness!