So just how did we make these cute little faces?
Devil’s Food Cake Mix by Duncan Hines, Pillsbury Buttercream Frosting, various colored decorator’s gels, Twizzler’s Pull-n-Peel, Cheerios, sprinkles, M&M’s, and various other candies and items you think would make good eyes, mouths, hats, etc!
- Mix and bake Devil’s Food Cake. NOTE: use butter instead of oil for best flavor!!
- Allow cupcakes to cool, approx 20-30 minutes
- Generously frost cupcakes
- Start having some fun with decorating!
- We had a great time giggling over the various funny face creations we came up with- using a potato chip as a cowboy hat, Life Saver fruits for ears on a dog, Cheerio hair, Twizzler mustaches, etc!
These cupcakes turned out to be MUCH easier to make than we’d anticipated & were a lot of fun. Our finished product:
SUGGESTION: They would be a great party game- make the cupcakes, frost them & then put out various candies & items I listed above for people to create their own funny face dessert!