Sorry for the delay in posting this…I’ve been a bit under the weather- great time to get sick, huh?!
Cake mix (plus the ingredients to make it- 3 eggs, water & a stick of butter), candy corn, black decorators gel, cupcake cups, cupcake pan, Twizzlers (red), Chocolate Buttercream frosting.
- Mix up the batter (if you don’t have an electric beater, just beating it well w/a whisk is fine)
- Pour the batter into the cups about 3/4 full
- Put into the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes are bouncy/spring back when you tap your finger on the top
- Take out of the oven & put the cupcakes in the refrigerator to cool for about a half an hour
- While you are waiting for the cupcakes to cool, start cutting the Twizzlers about 2 mm
- And break off the tops of 24 candy corn for the turkey beaks
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, lather frosting on the tops & spread smooth
- After you’ve finished frosting, start putting the decorations on the top!
- Start by sticking 5 candy corn on the back- leaving half the orange and all the yellow visible
- Then place the little Fudge Grahams in the middle (body) & slightly hanging off the sides (wings)…we unfortunately ran out of the Grahams, so for two of the cupcakes we ended up using candy corn for its wings…Note: do not taste grahams or you’ll not have enough (oops!)
- Then place the Twizzler and tip of the candy corn for the beak and wattle
- Lastly, place a dot of black docorator’s gel for the eye & voila you are done!!