Hello hello, happy friday & Happy Halloween! Today I’m posting another Halloween jack-o-lantern cake I did a number of years ago. It was easy to make & tasty to eat!
- Make a cake (chocolate or vanilla) in a large round pan, bake, cool
- While the cake is baking, mix about 1.5 cups white/vanilla frosting with orange food coloring in a bowl and 1/2 a cup of frosting with black food coloring in a separate bowl (can also use black frosting in a tube, instead- much easier!)
- Once the cake has cooled, slather the orange frosting over the cake
- With black frosting (either in the tube or the frosting put into decorating bags), decorate the cake with your own creative jack-o-lantern
- Add the stem with either frosting, 4 Tootsie rolls or a sliced frosted cupcake
Cake I want to make:
This next cake was emailed to me by a good friend of mine, who came across it on another blog & I think it is just too awesome…talk about creative!
Surprise- it’s a lantern inside!! How cool is that?!
How to make it: http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2010/09/pumpkin-cake.html
(pumpkin I carved circa 2008)