To continue on the Halloween theme of my last post, here is the cake I made for a Halloween party a couple years ago:
- Poured a cake mix into a large circular pan & another batch into a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- While cake was baking, I mixed 3 to 4 cups of frosting with orange food coloring in a mixing bowl, about a 1/2 a cup of vanilla frosting with green food coloring in a small bowl & 1/2 a cup of vanilla frosting with black food coloring- put black frosting in decorating bag
- Once the cakes/cupcakes had cooled, I spread the orange frosting generously over the cake & cupcakes
- I sliced one of the cupcakes in half and spread the green frosting over it, then placed it above the cake body, to look like a stem.
- Lastly, I decorated the cupcakes with black bakers tips to look like jack-o-lanterns and added green gel to make a vein on the cake
- Ingredients/supplies: green decorators gel, about 4-5 cups vanilla frosting, cake mix, decorators bag & tip, knife, circular pan, cupcake pan, cupcake liners
Now for a cake I’d like to make:
This was made by the sister of one of my friends & was probably delicious (I hear she’s a really good baker). From the looks of it, it looks like the cake was made in a bunt pan, the hole was filled & an ice cream cone was frosted for the stem! Great idea!